Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I told my kids!!

I WISH I had recorded their reactions...it was so funny! At the end of the day I gave each table group a brown bag. Inside were the cut up words, "Mrs. Burns is having a baby!" I told them that I had a special message for them and that to find out what it was they had to work as a table group to put the words in a sentence. It took about 5 seconds! There were gasps, teary eyes, grins, shock. Emma came up and rubbed my belly....Christopher gave me a hug. The rest of the kids jumped up and down and held hands. 

I was overwhelmed & touched by their reactions...they were so excited! I love them so much and I'm so happy I shared the news with them. Luckily there were no scary questions, "How do you get pregnant?" or "Where do babies come from?" I knew better and told them during the last 10 minutes of school ;) It feels more real now that I've told them. They are such a huge, wonderful part of my life, and it was hard keeping it a secret!! 

3 comments:

Devon said...

Awww...I just found your blog. So exciting to share this with your little ones. They are sooo happy for you! Yeah!

Shannon said...

Awww thats so sweet, and exciting!!

Jessi_Murph said...

Aww, I love this story. So special :)