Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ouch.

Fewer things are more painful than becoming engorged. I can usually handle it ok until I get a kid who runs at me for a hug. Hugging hurts when you're engorged and you can't help but wince when you get a load of pressure right to the milk makers. But what can you do? Kids are so sweet and I can suck it up. However I now have a blocked duct which is extremely painful and I'm hoping it goes away soon. Breast feeding is a lot harder than I thought it would me (in so many ways!) and I get to do this for another 9 months!

4 comments:

caroline said...

Hopefully your body will adjust soon to your new schedule. I'm glad everything is going so well. Give Audrey a kiss from me!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you are handling everything so well though. I never got engorged or anything and Emma Kate is strictly formula fed now (boo!) but I had to take meds and its a long story. Anyway, I am proud of you for being able to keep going! I just dont think my supply was ever going to amount to anything on top of the meds that I was having to take.

Brandy said...

I am just proud you are sticking with it. I hear it does eventually get easier. Good luck and I will be there with ya soon, lol.

Stacia said...

If you have a blocked duct, your OB/GYN can refer you for a therapeutic ultrasound from a physical therapist. I do them on post-partum women from time to time. Good luck!