Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Since when did allergies suck so bad??

I am miserable. I am stuffy, achy, my head feels like it's going to explode every time I move. My voice is completely shot (which makes for some creative teaching!) It hit me all of a sudden on Monday at school and by that night I was convinced I had the Swine Flu. I went to the doctor today only to be told it's probably allergies and they sent me home with a Rx for a Z-pack. My main concern was that I did have the flu or a cold, and was contagious...of course I was hoping that wasn't the case, but I feel totally sick! Since I have no voice it's pointless to go work and honestly I feel so awful that I wouldn't be able to make it through the day. I really hate missing school :(

Hopefully this passes soon. They told me not to start the Z-pack unless my symptoms persist for a few more days. I'll give it to the weekend. Damn allergies.

4 comments:

L.S. said...

I can relate! Mine are horrific right now like they haven't been in years. It's awful!

By the way, I LOL'ed at the "swine flu" comment. I hope you feel better soon!

Ringmaster said...

Awww, you should totally go for the Z pack, especially if they think you may have a sinus infection those things are AWESOME! Pseudophed helps too but get the real stuff from behind the counter not the PE stuff -- hope you feel better soon I can relate, mine are awful normally too!

Leanne said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! Allergies have a way of taking you out for the count! I've had allergies really bad this year, too, and sadly so have my husband and baby boy. No fun at all!

Take it easy and get some rest!

P.S. My hometown (Louisville, KY) has been rated the #1 worst city for spring allergies in 2009. Not exactly the greatest claim to fame! :)

Jenn said...

Get well soon! I certainly hope you start feeling better so you can enjoy your little one :)