Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Big Girl Car Seat...

I've been researching car seats and have found two that I think will work in my car (a 2-door.) The Combi Coccoro is small and made to fit smaller cars. It holds up to 40 lbs. and 40 inches. It's also super cute. The only problem is getting her in and out of the car while she's rear-facing..it's impossible. I'm really going to miss taking her in and out of the base, it's much easier. That's where the Combi Zeus Turn is looking like a good choice. It rotates to make getting the child in and out much easier. I can have Audrey rear facing and get her out easily (well, as easy as possible in a 2 door.) Same height and weight capacity as the Coccoro. But in reading the reviews I'm finding that people think it's way too big and bulky and blocks their view of the rear window. Please recommend your car seat, or let me know if you have any experience with one of these seats. Thanks!

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I have the Graco My Ride 65, so far I love it. It fits great RF in my 2005 Honda Accord. I don't have any issues with getting Amelia in and out of it. G/L with your decision!

Jenifer said...

I have a CRV and we chose the Britax Boulevard for the extra side impact protection. We swtiched him over to it fromt he Chicco infant seat at about 6 months when he was too heavy for me to lug around in my heels at pickup from daycare!

My Husband has a 2 door civic and we are dreading the switch over to the big boy carseat as we like to call it. It will hard no matter what we put in there to get him in and out of it in the mornings. My Husband does the daycare drop off. We are thinking of just getting another Britax Boulevard. We figure we love the protection it offers and with Ian being in a smaller 2 door car we want all the protection we can get for him in case anything were to ever happen. We thought the Marathon would be easier to manuever him in and out of but it doesnt offer that coveted side protection that the Boulevards do. We are stuck and unsure of what to do now? But we are pretty sure Ian is just about the 22lbs weight limit for the infant seat DH is using so we better decide fast! Let me know what you go with. Thanks!

Mae said...

I have a 2 door car and we have the Britax Boulevard for the extra protection. I have to climb in the back seat to get him in. Although it is a pain to get him in and out of the car its worth it.

Anonymous said...

We have the Graco MyRide 65 and I love it, but I also don't have a 2 door vehicle. I did lots of reasearch and finally settled on the MyRide. It can RF up to 45 lbs.

Brandy said...

Britax.com

They are the cadillac of carseats. They have seats compatible with compact vehicles. I love mine. We are getting another one in a couple weeks!