Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby News and Things I Don't Want to Forget

March is off to a great start...I'm so happy Spring is right around the corner!

Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks. Last week I finally made it in to take the 1 hour glucose test- and I failed it. I think I was a little overconfident. I'd had a small glass of chocolate milk at about 5 am, then a banana right before the test at 7:30. I'm taking the 3 hour test today and praying that I don't have GD. My love of chocolate aside, I am so worried about Baby Burns. I've read up on GD and I know it's very easily controlled...but it freaks me out! I'm going to try and not worry until I hear for sure.

I'm feeling pretty good but not getting much sleep. I've been waking up around 2 am every night this week. I end up going out on the couch so I can fall asleep with the tv on without bothering Chris. Luckily I can fall back to sleep quickly and I'm not exhausted throughout the day. My belly is growing so fast, but I compared 31 week pics from being pregnant with Audrey and I look much smaller this time!


At our baby shower (Nov 1st, 2008 @ 31 weeks)


March 9th, 2011 @ 31 weeks

Pretty big difference, right?!

It's been awhile since I've posted about things I don't want to forget:


Audrey is such a ham! We were cooking dinner and found her singing like this in the living room. She absolutely loves this basket (which usually holds attribute blocks) and wears it as a hat all the time! She found my necklace on the dining room table and added her own Rainbow Bright bracelet. But the Dora microphone completes the outfit, don't you think?!



She must, must, must have her "friends" in bed with her for naps and nighttime. Usually it's Mickey, Minnie, a girl from Little People, and Lilo. She doesn't stay up and play with them, she just insists on having them in bed with her.


Piling them in the crib

She now asks for Lady Gaga by name in the car. I've heard 'Born This Way' countless times, but I love the smile she gets when she hears the first few notes. Her new favorite snack is Gummies and I love hearing her ask for them...sometimes it sounds like she's saying "dummies" and she walks into Grandma's house asking for them right away.

I'm really looking forward to the next 2 months of being pregnant (hopefully without GD!) and spending time with our first baby!

4 comments:

Devon said...

1. First off--it's a boy. Just know!
2. Bananas are so HIGH in GI sugar so that's probably why your glucose spiked. If following a low GI diet, you are only supposed to have a 1/2 of a banana, so that's probably why it's high on your end. Good luck!

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

so cute! you look great too!

L.S. said...

Oh my gosh, you are carrying so differently this time! If the wives' tales are true, that's definitely a boy! I carried high with both of mine. :-)

I'm sure the banana was to blame for your glucose reading the other day. Try not to sweat it either way My mom had GD with me and everything turned out fine.

Audrey is a doll as usual! I love the picture of her putting her friends into the crib. They're so particular at this age!

caroline said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe how differently you are carrying. I also carried high with both of my boys. Very interesting...Chris is convinced it's a girl...now I'm not so sure! That also explains all the rib pain you're having. Appears they weren't really broken in with Audrey :)