Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 25, 2011

Things I don't want to forget...Thankful Edition

Because there is so much to be thankful for right now!

Family...Our very first nephew was born this week...an adorable 9lb 8oz boy! A very strong one at that. He had an enlarged heart and a murmur but luckily he is able to go home today! I can't wait to see him and kiss all over his chubby cheeks...We are all so thankful he's ok.

Pregnancy...As much as I complain about the aching ribs (OMG THEY HURT SO BAD SOMTIMES!) I am feeling so, so good! I can't even believe I'm 34 weeks...this was me at 34 weeks with Audrey. I was much bigger (all over) and I felt like I carried so low. Sure, I'm a little sore by the end of the day, but otherwise I feel wonderful and have no problems getting around/picking up Audrey, etc. I'm very thankful to be carrying this way.

Baths... I'm talking REAL baths, where you go all out with candles, music, bubbles, and pillow. I rarely take baths and when I do I just fill up the tub with really warm water and whatever bath product I have on hand. I don't stay in very long because it's pretty boring after 5 minutes. So one night last week I decided to spice it up. I lit a candle and turned out the lights...wow, it instantly changed the mood. I found the Spa station on Sirius...very nice! I remembered I had a bath pillow so I dug it out of my closet...very comfy! I nearly fell asleep in the tub and when I finally did get out, my legs felt like jello...that is how relaxed I was. I had been missing out before! I find that I can relax even more if I just clear my mind and concentrate on the music. Everything goes away for a short period of time, and it's all I need to relax and recharge.

Diet...While I'm not thankful for having GD, I am totally looking on the bright side. There's no way I'd be able to eat this way normally. I'm counting carbs and carefully choosing what I eat. I'm making healthier choices and I feel great about it. I am shocked when I check the carbs on foods I normally wouldn't think twice about eating...and that makes it much easier to turn it down. I meet with the nutritionist on Monday and I'm hoping to make her proud!

Christopher & Audrey...I just love them so much. They are my entire world. My favorite parts of the day include them, from saying our goodbyes in the morning to finally getting home and settled at night. I just don't know what I'd do without them. I can't believe in just a few weeks we'll be adding another bundle of love to the mix. My heart overflows just thinking about it!

Yes, many things to be thankful for :)

No comments: