Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget: Audrey Edition







I love this age! Audrey is so curious about everything and I love having conversations with her. She is such a sweetheart.

She's getting so good at saying, "Thank you," when someone gives her a compliment or says, "Bless you!" after she sneezes.

When I say something super sweet to her she says, "Awwww, thank you!" Hehe, it's so cute!

She still loves to stage things, only on a larger scale now. It used to be just her little figurines; now she's creating a "party" next to the couch with her dolls and other stuffed animals (they have hats, costumes, food and drink, etc.) Last night she set up her Little Tykes car with large measuring cups on the roof ("those are my sirens!")

She sleeps until about 7 on the weekends, then calls for me. When I go in she says, "Mr. Sun is awake!"





She, for whatever reason, will not poop on the potty. She's maybe gone 2-3 times (months ago) and we were really excited about it. When I ask her she just says she's scared. I don't know how to handle it. I know that she can do it, and she knows when she has to go. But she waits until she has a pull-up or over-night diaper on. To be completely honest it's not a big deal for me- I know she'll start going when she's good and ready. I just hope that's soon :)

She is still a super picky eater. I don't know how you can live off of peanut butter, toast and yogurt- but she is! One day I told her, "When you were little you loved chicken! If you don't start eating better you're going to get smaller and smaller." To which she replied, "Well maybe when I get smaller I'll like chicken again!" I didn't know what to say, lol.

She is very creative. Her comb is a magic wand, she's a mermaid when she's in the bathtub- her imagination just runs wild sometimes :)

She can be very affectionate. She often lays with Chris and me and tells us, "You're my best boy and girl ever! And Abby, too!"





She gets hung up on a song and we have to listen to it over and over and over and over! Currently it's "We are Young" by Fun.

She loves to dance. She wants to use the living room table as a stage.

She is so helpful. When Abby starts to whine for more toast, she gets right up and gives her some :) She's enthusiastic as well, a born cheerleader. When Chris was in the garage moving around/installing car seats, Audrey stood in the doorway the entire time yelling, "Go Dad! Great job! You can do it!" LOL!

She loves to wave and say "Hi" to the people in the drive-thru.

She has a new interest in her old baby toys. As soon as Abby starts playing with something new, Audrey all of a sudden "really needs it!"


Princesses need their beauty sleep!


Seeing Cinderella









I wish we could freeze time. I'd love to keep her this age forever :)

No comments: