Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2012

OBX (part 4) Days 4 & 5

Because we stayed at the Oasis, we were given a complimentary photo shoot on the beach! We met the photographer at 8:30 and literally we were done within 15 minutes. It was already hot out and of course we could only get one girl to cooperate at a time, lol. I am hoping for at least 2 good pictures to come out of it (I should be getting a link to view the pictures in a couple of weeks.)

We went to breakfast at Sam and Omie's. WOW- it was the best breakfast I'd ever had! Yummy bacon, eggs, hash browns...but their biscuits were outright heavenly. The girls shared french toast. We got back to the hotel and I hung out with Abby before putting her down for a nap while Chris took Audrey to the pier. They had planned on going fishing but it was just too hot. He went to the pool while I relaxed and did some reading in the AC :)

We played in the pool after Abby woke up and then got ready for dinner. We decided to go to Pamlico Jack's (mostly for the atmosphere...they had a pirate ship!) I had wanted to dine outside on the deck but it was a bit too windy (and still scorching hot.) We were disappointed. The food was just ok. Chris took Audrey up to the top of the ship and she was thrilled :)

We left and went to DQ for some ice cream. I had wanted to go back to the beach to look for shells but it looked (and felt) like a storm was approaching. We got back to the room early enough for Chris to go for a swim while I got the girls washed and ready for bed. I was kind of glad it was our last night...I was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed!

The next morning we went back to Sam & Omie's for breakfast (I mean, for serious it was the best breakfast food!!) We went back to the hotel to get packed up and then back to the beach one last time (I was determined to get shells!)

We finally hit the road and had a good trip back. It was nice to get home and back into a normal routine but I'm already looking forward to going back next year :)

2 comments:

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

Sounds wonderful and fun and crazy and tiring! :) We went to Disney World this summer, but we had my mom, dad, and mother-in-law with us! I'm not sure we would have survived without them!

I really want to take the kids to the beach! I think Lucas would love it and Caroline would tolerate it. However, we took Lucas to the beach when he was 9 months old and it was the most tiring vacation of my life!!

We're hoping for next summer! Maybe!!

I'm so glad you guys got to go on a family vacation!! They are tiring, but worth it for the memories!

Jenn said...

Your trip looks like so much fun. You are right, going to the beach with kids is completely a different ball game. It is hard, but oh so worth it. I love the pictures! What type of camera do you have?