Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 4, 2013

Best of Times, Worst of Times

That is how I refer to this point and time in our lives.

Worst: No schedule! I'm definitely having to prioritize all.the.time. The girls obviously come first- once they're happy and settled I can focus on myself and the house. But there's such a small window of time it seems! So, do I eat first or shower? Fold a load of laundry or get started on dinner? Pick up the toys or clean the kitchen? I miss having a more structured routine sometimes.

Best: No schedule, haha! I don't have to rush to be out the door by 6:30 am or worry about scheduling things around work.

Worst: Pumping, storage containers, freezing milk, and endless bottles. I will be so happy when I can pack away my pump. I don't *hate* pumping, but it is time consuming. I definitely hate the discomfort...the fullness and engorgement that goes along with breastfeeding and/or exclusively pumping...ugh! I am looking forward to the day I'm done with all that.

Best: I've lost almost all of the 40 pounds I packed on! 20 of it was gone after the first week!

Worst: I hear "MOM!" about 50,000 times a day. I can't decide if it's better, worse, or equally annoying as hearing "MRS. BURNS!" 50,000 times a day :)

Best: I'm the one who gets to be there for everything...the good and the bad.

Worst: Annie is adorable, but kind of boring :) She's on the verge of smiling (I can tell!!) But she mostly just stares and yawns and looks around taking everything in.

Best: I am so excited that I'll get to be home for so many of her firsts...smiling, sitting up, crawling, eating real food.

I think that once Miss Anne is on a schedule, I will feel more at peace, less anxious. And then I'll LOVE staying at home and won't want to go back to school...go figure!

No comments: