Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Preschooler

My goodness. Sweet Abigail Mae is all ready for preschool!



I am so excited for her. I do have some apprehension about throwing her into school, 4 full days. We really like this school, mostly because they get to change classes for each subject. I think it's a great concept for little kiddos who need a lot of movement during the day.

It's difficult to say how she'll adjust. I know she's more standoffish than Audrey. I love that she'll be learning math and science and even Spanish- but to me the most important part of preschool is social preparedness. I hope she'll make some good friends and learn to be a cooperative and kind person.

She has regressed a bit with her potty training. She's fine when we're out in public. But when we're home she is too busy, too distracted to stop what she's doing. We have to remind her to go and physically take her away from whatever she's doing. Fingers crossed that she gets back on track very soon!

She is such a sweetheart. I am going to miss spending so much time with her. In the mornings I sit on the couch with my coffee and I hear her footsteps coming down the hall. She quietly peeks around the corner to see if I'm there. When she sees me, she runs and jumps on my lap and we have the best snuggle time before anyone else wakes up (she's now the earliest riser!) I know she's ready for all the excitement of school, but I'm really going to miss her :(


She starts the same day I go back to school for the teacher work week, but soon she will go in for a couple hours one day to test it out. Go out and be great, Abigail! We love you!!

No comments: