Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For ME?!


I think I've been blogging for about 2 years and LOOK!! My first award :) I always enjoy reading comments and I especially love seeing comments from lurkers (eh, lurkers sounds creepy...let's call them first-timers!) Anyways, Stacia nominated me....so thank you Stacia for 1) making my day and 2) giving me another blog to swoon over b/c your Katelyn is a doll baby!

See for yourself!

Here are the rules:

1) Mention who gave you the award and include a link back to their blog.
2) List 7 interesting things about yourself.
3) Pass on the award to 7 other people's blogs and include the links.

7 interesting things about myself? It will be hard to think of 7, let alone interesting! But here goes!

1) I am obsessed with all things crime; tv shows, books, movies...I guess you wouldn't really expect that from a 2nd grade teacher. But if I weren't a teacher I'd definitely be a criminal profiler. My most favorite classes in college were my criminal and behavioral psych courses. I think we're most interested in the things we don't understand. Give me a good snack and a marathon of Forensic Files and I'm a happy camper!

2) I love Audrey Hepburn. Of course, that is who my Audrey is named after. I just adore her style, her grace, her generosity. Just looking at photos of her makes me happy! It is my wish that my Audrey lives up to her namesake.

3) I can't stand beer. Unfortunately for Chris, our bar tab is always unevenly distributed. I love martinis, margaritas, and daiquiris.

4) I'm enjoying motherhood MUCH more than I ever thought possible. I was eager but anxious to get pregnant. I really love children, but I knew that once we had them, our life would be devoted to raising kids, always putting their needs first. Turns out that I don't see myself sacrificing anything to have Audrey. Part of that is learning to go with the flow and that not everything will always be perfect. It's made me a much more grounded person...

5)...like my husband Chris! I have to admit that when we first started dating I wasn't too sure about his easy-going, laid back style. Everything was so simple for him! Not at all what I was use to. I have always admired Christopher. He is honest, respectful, and always true to what he believes. He doesn't sweat the small stuff and isn't impressed with material things. And he has the best sense of humor...I hope that Audrey marries someone like him, and that our son(s) turns out to be just like his dad!

6) I'd be a terrible SAHM. I can't cook (I don't know how to make scrambled eggs and I only recently discovered how to make grilled cheese.) I suppose I could be a good cook if I had more confidence because the few things I do make come out pretty good (especally my Jumbalaya, but Chris would disagree wholeheartedly on that.) Being a teacher affords me the best of both worlds...by the time our breaks are over I'm SO READY to be back at school!

7) Teaching is definitely my calling. I love going to work everyday. My MIL said just the other day, "Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life!" How true. I believe that if you take the time to really get to know your kids and bond with them, the rest comes naturally. Yes, all the documentation can be tedious (even for 2nd grade...who knew?!) and you always seem to have more on your plate than you can handle. Sometimes you feel like you're just barely keeping your head above water! But I feel like I get a lot of support from other teachers and staff, and of course my family. And those kids are incredibly special to me!

Now, for 7 lovely ladies I bestow to you (upon you?) the Beautiful Blogger award:

Jenn's Journey: http://ournewbaby09.blogspot.com/

Shannon Lea: http://shannonlea-baby.blogspot.com/

Stacy: http://lovebabyhart.blogspot.com/

Eris: http://eris1995.blogspot.com/

Lauren: http://littlesweetp.blogspot.com/

CLML: http://babycouldmake3.blogspot.com/

Susan: http://sondermanncircus.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm one of those lurkers you mentioned above- think I'll come out of the woodwork now :). Congrats on your award! My daughter is very close in age to Audrey so I love seeing what you're all up to.

Ali said...

Congrats! I am also one of those lurkers...we were on the nest together during first tri, but I stopped posting once the morning sickness took over. My daughter is a just little younger than Audrey, and it is always fun to see what we can expect next. BTW, I love the name Audrey too! It is our front runner for the next baby, if we have a girl.

Ringmaster said...

OHHH i'm so flattered ... thanks for giving me another homework assignment :) I'll do my beautiful blogger post sometime soon I promise :)!!! Love seeing little Miss Audrey growing up and rare glimpses of you too :) Hope all is well in the STC :)

Anonymous said...

great job!!!...........MORE AUDREY MORE AUDREY MORE AUDREY!!!