Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 24, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget, and other Monday randomness

I've got the winter blues! Part of it is hormones, I know. But I also keep aching for a snow day (I know, I know...we had one last week!) The weather keeps messing with me, giving me hopes for snow and then it misses us each and every time. It's not that I need a break, it's not that I dislike my job, it's not that I'm terribly uncomfortable...I just ache for more time with Audrey. I simply can't get enough of her. So when there's a glimmer of hope that a snow day is coming and then it gets taken away I get pretty bummed. Oh well...the 19 other kids in my life do a fine job in making it all better!

I've also been stressing about all the changes coming up. It's hitting me like a ton of bricks and I'm worrying about everything! Taking maternity leave so close to the end of the year, taking care of a newborn, toddler, and myself. I keep flashing back to those early days of sleeping on the couch, trying to pump around the clock and keep up my supply for Audrey, bottles & dishes piling up, crying for no reason (me AND her!) and just the general crapfest that was our lives for such a long time. I'm hoping I get over this rut soon...it's starting to wear me down.

Anyways, enough negative. There are a few things I am loving right now, that I never want to forget:

-How easy Audrey is...she's just amazingly happy and wonderful. Her daily routine is fantastic. I love that at the end of the day we can put her in bed and she's done. She loves going out to stores and restaurants and she is so GOOD! She wants to chat with everyone and point things out. I know this can change so I'm writing it down now and relishing these days!

-Story time! Oh, how she loves to read. We keep books all over the house. She gets a book, brings it over and sits in our laps. We read the book (she's gotten so good at filling in the blanks and talking about the pictures.) And then, oh my, this is adorable...she says, "Anudda book?" HAHA! Off she goes to get another book and it starts all over again. The look on her face as she's running over to hand me a book is priceless!

-She is eating chicken again! This is MAJOR because she hasn't eaten chciken in over 6 months. Tonight she kept asking for more.

-She pretends to "eat." When we're reading a book that has food on the page she pretends like she's scarfing it down, "Yumyumyumyum..." We were passing the bakery in Giant today and she yelled, "CAKE!" She leaned over and pretended to eat it. I laughed so hard.



I love this girl so much...makes everyday so much brighter and helps kick the winter/pregnancy blues.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Just wanted to post and say my little girl was born 1 day earlier and I have some of the very same thoughts and experiences right now. Such a fun age!

caroline said...

Awww Sheri...I hope you feel better soon. I love story time. It's the one time I can get Jacob to be still and snuggle. May will be here before you know it. You may have the baby blues...but I'll be excited enough for the both of us :) If it's any consolation, we didn't have nearly the headaches with Charlie that we did with Jacob...it's been smooth sailing. I'm sure it will be the same for you!

SB said...

Thanks, Caroline! I had the baby blues w/Audrey and it was so frustrating! Hopefully round 2 is a little better now that we know what we're in for :)