Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A fun 4th and things I don't want to forget


Oh, how I love this face! Abby is 10 weeks old today and for serious the easiest baby I could ever ask for. I always rolled my eyes when people said, "Oh, I just love the newborn phase!" That's b/c those people must've had easy babes. Audrey was not an easy babe...she'd cry for no reason and have majorly long wake times. I don't want to forget how lucky we are to have an easy one this time around!

I don't want to forget the way I feel when I check on them each night. I leave their rooms with this giddy smile on my face and I can't help it! They are so darn cute as they sleep...Audrey usually on her back, sprawled out and totally exhausted from her busy day. Abby perfectly swaddled and still, looking like a baby doll. I walk out of their rooms feeling like I could float on air, it's one of my most favorite times of the day.

I don't want to forget how it feels to hear Audrey say, "I'm so happy!" She says it so genuinely and with such emotion I can't help but grin. She says it when she uses the potty or when she builds a tower of blocks that doesn't fall. I think it comes from me telling her to "be happy" whenever she starts to have a meltdown. It almost immediately makes her smile.

We had a great 4th of July. We went to Grandma's house for swimming & lunch, then Pop Pop's house for dinner, then Aunt Kelly's new house for dessert and Cranium. It was a long day away from home but everyone did great!



The best picture I could get of these sweet girls. Audrey wasn't being cooperative and it was too bright for Abby, even in the shade, lol.


Side note: Audrey wore this dress for her first 4th of July! It's a 6-9 month dress. Gah.


Abigail scratched her face so hard that it bled! So awful :(


I was looking back at this blog post from July 2009. Then I looked at all the posts from that month and it made me really, really anxious for Abby to hit that stage! Where she's sitting up, playing, super responsive and showing off her personality. Having an easy baby is so great, but nothing compares to when they really start to interact. I think this time around will be even more special because we'll get to see how they interact with each other. I have to try and stop wishing time away...it's going by so fast as it is!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My two boys are pretty much the exact same age and age apart as your girls and we're in the same situation. The first was so not an easy baby (and isn't really an easy toddler) but the second is the easiest, happiest most mellow baby (and a great sleeper to boot!). I feel lucky to have had the harder baby first!