Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I love babies!

It's 4 am and I should be sleeping but I can't get back to sleep after Abby's wake up call. Plus, I'm feeling inspired, so here goes!

I am so in love with Abigail. Babies are just so sweet, from their heads to their toes!

Abby's hair is a total wreck...it sticks straight up and drives me crazy but I've stopped trying to control it. But it looks so funny that it makes me smile and so I love it.

I could stare at her face forever; sometimes she makes the weirdest faces that seriously only a mother could love. I have 2 favorites though...her sleeping face- she looks so calm, peaceful and still. Sometimes her mouth moves and her eyes flutter. When she's starting to fall asleep she smiles randomly (my heart melts!) The other fave is her look of recognition...when she sees something or someone she loves she gives this little upward nod, her eyes literally light up and she gets the biggest grin...sometimes she'll add in a little "ahhh" noise (again, heart melting!) Even her "pooping" face is cute (well, more funny than cute!) She gets all red, her eyes glass over and her eyebrows dip down because she's concentrating so hard, lol. When she cries she has the cutest little pout. I adore her blue eyes, especially how they contrast with her dark hair. I love her chubby cheeks and can't stop kissing them!

I could also kiss her arms, legs, and feet forever! She has the most delicious, soft rolls. Audrey and I love tickling her little toes.

I love everything about her, especially her baby smells. Obv after she's had a bath she smells delightful from head to toe. But- and this is so weird- I even love her "dirty" smells...I was talking about this with a friend the other day...they don't smell so bad just yet because she's just getting breast milk...there's still something sweet about them...I'm not alone, right? LOL...it's not like I want to bottle them up and wear them as perfume, it's more like a smell that is ALL baby and sticks to my memory. I love the smell of her plain skin, even when it's not lotioned up...she's perfection!

When she cries at night it is not at all annoying because she rarely cries. I find myself actually kind of excited to see her, to hold her and love on her. This is probably mostly due to the fact that I know she'll be right back to sleep as soon as she's done eating, lol. But I do love the quiet time in the middle of the night, just the two of us! I love holding her chubby face in my hand as I try to get her to burp...sometimes, when I lay her back in my arms, she perses her lips so tight, it's too adorable. When I unswaddle her and get her out of her crib I love how she puts both fists up to her face, tilts her head to the side, and scrunches her lips...it's EXACTLY the same face Audrey used to make.

All of these things are what I've grown to love about Abigail...some are normal (who doesn't love a great smile?!) & some are kind of weird...but it's the weird things that make me her mom :)

What "weird" things do you love about your little one? Post them here or write your own blog post, I'd love to read them!

1 comment:

caroline said...

You're right, I never thought the breastmilk poos ever smelled bad. They do have a sweet smell to them. I don't think you could ever explain the feeling of love you have for your child. It's something that can only be understood through experience.