Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Words from the Wise, Part Two

This book is one of my most prized possessions. Each student wrote and illustrated a page. These are some very special kids with some very special advice for sweet Audrey Cate:



My kids always tease me about crying...I've only cried a couple of times in front of them...once while reading "The Kissing Hand" and then again at the end of their 2nd grade year. Being 8 and 9 year olds, they have never let me live it down :) I definitely cried when I read the dedication. In front of them. They were totally pleased with themselves!! LOL

Love the illustration on this one, apparently Audrey is bleeding out, lol.

I love the arm around the shoulders :)



Is that supposed to be me looking in the mirror? haha





"You get to grow up together and share a great Mom." Awww!


"When you are sad or broken your sister will cheer you up."

One of my favorites! "Trust me she will think you know everything."



LOVE the spellings of the girls' names!


I'm saving my two favorites for last...they're Christopher's favorites, too. They're not even from my "best" writers...but they are so sweet and incredibly touching.


I almost want to type this whole quote and hang it in Audrey's room!

Love this, especially the very simple picture.

I am so grateful that my sub took the time to do this special project with my kids. I will always cherish this book and I know Audrey will, too.

3 comments:

L.S. said...

That is very special. :-)

Unknown said...

im crying over
"When you are sad or broken your sister will cheer you up."

Jenn said...

I am only about 9 weeks away from giving birth, so throw me a bone, but I am totally crying! Such a sweet book to have! I love it!