Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Farewell, Sweet Summer!

I feel so sad! I feel so excited!! I'm such a mess of emotions, lol.

It was a pretty nice week, aside from the earthquake and hurricane Irene. I will say that I am exhausted. Abigail wakes up between 5-6 and takes FOREVER to fall back asleep. So I'm pretty much up for the day. I just know that going back to work is going to be even more exhausting..ugh.


Speaking of exhausted :) They totally fell asleep like this for a good 30 minutes!

I was looking forward to spending my last weekend at home, all cozy as the hurricane rolled through. Unfortunately we lost power at 1:30 on Saturday. I had just come home from signing Audrey up for dance class (yay!) when it went out. Chris and I played Rummy and then I fed Abigail and laid her down for a nap. We decided to go to Grandma's house since we just *knew* our power would be out for all night. I packed up the girls and Chris packed up all of my frozen milk. We stayed the night (fun!) and returned late this morning...still no power! It did come back on at about 1:00, thank goodness!

Today Abigail is 4 months old...I wanted to take her usual monthly pictures but she has a huge red scratch on her face (self-inflicted.) We'll save those for next weekend! I did get a video and some some tummy time pics:








I wanted to hold the girls extra longer as I put them to bed tonight. The summer has just been so wonderful that I can't help but be a little sad. I'm already looking forward to our first break...in November...(sigh)...

No comments: