Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget...first installment

I'm starting a new series of posts. I've been inspired by my blogger friend Shannonlea, fabulous mom to adorable twins Josh and Emma. Every Thursday she posts about things she wants to remember. I'm not committing myself to a weekly schedule, but I love the idea of taking time to write down all the things I want to remember, big or small...after all, that's what this blog is for! Here goes...

I never want to forget Audrey's newest craze....the shower! One day last week I had just stepped in. She immediately dropped the toy she was holding (the toy I purposely brought in to keep her occupied) and said, "In there?" I figured, why not? I stripped her down and she stepped right in. She loved it! I was able to shower and keep an eye on her at the same time. She really just likes to stand there and get wet (and play with the sponges!) She'll ask to be picked up and I put her right under the spray. As soon as I turn the water off she says, "More?"

I never want to forget our newest bedtime ritual...kisses through the crib slats. I kneel down and she gives me a kiss. Then she moves over to the very next slat and says, "Over here?" and we kiss again. It continues until we get all the way down to the end...then we say, "Yaaaaay!" and high-five. Perfect ending to my day? Definitely!

And for Baby Burns...I never want to forget what it feels like to watch him or her dance around in my belly. I've been feeling kicks for awhile, but to actually *see* my belly move is simply amazing. I wish I could hold that little hand (or foot!) and give it a million kisses. I love you so much, baby!

Thanks Shannon for the great idea. I'm looking forward to keeping up with these posts :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey! Glad you decided to do a TIDWTFT once in awhile- even monthly, its a cool thing to do!

Isn't it funny how long its been since the days on the GP board? I still talk to so many people from there and many people are on their second babies.

Im always reading to see what is going on with Audrey and pray for you and the new baby!